WHY TAKE THIS COURSE
Understand what the CMA’s investigations and approach means for operators
The UK government’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), in collaboration with the UKGC, is putting increasing pressure on operators to improve conditions for players gambling online.
In this course, we’ll review the remit of the CMS and cover consumer protection rights of players as well as key terms and practices for remote gaming operators. We will also explore relevant laws and regulations in the UK, and what’s expected of operators to comply.
Learning objectives for this course are to:
- The CMA's role and approach to enforcing consumer law
- The CMA's announcement of the undertakings
- Changes expected of operators and next steps
- Why the CMA decided to investigate the remote gambling sector
- Key terms and practices of concern