This privacy notice explains how we collect your personal data, the types of personal data we may collect about you, why we need it, what we do with it, how long we keep it, what we do with it and what your rights are.
This notice relates to personal data that we have collected ourselves or acquired for our use. The data controller for this data is iGaming Academy and for simplicity, we have used the words “we” and “us” to mean iGaming Academy.
This notice has been updated for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal data. We will not give or sell your information to any other company. We will only use such information to provide you with our services and keep you updated.
2) How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data when you:
- Visit our website
- Contact us by phone or email
- Engage with us on social media
- Sign any of our service/product contracts
- Access our eLearning platforms
- Fill out any form of information (eg. booking for eLearning courses online)
We may have your data from public sources prior to 1st May 2018.
3) What type of personal data do we need?
Our Personal Data Protection Policy governs the use and storage of your data. You can see our Personal Data Protection Policy at igacademy.com iGaming Academy (Company Registration C70374) is a Controller of the personal data you (data subject) provide us.
We collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Username and Password for Accessing our courses and portal
- your name
- Your surname
- Your position title
- Your company name
- Your company department
- Your telephone number
- Your home or work address
- Your email address
- Country of residence
- Your nationality
- Your EU VAT details
- Contact details of your accounts department (contact name, surname & address)
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our website
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4) Why we need it
We collect and process the data of individuals working for companies to pursue our legitimate business interests of promoting our products and services to those companies.
We will only contact you on what we believe is your work email and phone number strictly in your capacity as a representative, decision maker or influencer for your employer. We do not seek to market any services to you in your personal capacity.
In certain situations, we may also process personal data with the consent of the individual is concerned.
We need your personal data:
- to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. We require this information to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to maintain an effective communication channel with you throughout the execution of a service/job, to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us in the future;
- to respond, with your express consent, to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- to personalise (i) our communications to you; provide you with (ii) updates on any services/products we are providing you with (iii) updates on any jobs where your services may be required; and (iv) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to protect iGaming Academy’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- to monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests
- to receive payment for any products/services provided
Where applicable and allowed, you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic communications at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
We may also collect your IP address automatically as you interact with our website. This is in the interest of ensuring that there is no malicious use of the website and maximum protection to your data.
5) What we do with it
Your personal data is processed in our offices in St. Julians located in the Malta and in the UK. Hosting and storage of your data takes place on our local hard disks located within the iGaming academy premises and on dedicated servers of our service providers located in the UK.
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties;
- Any regulatory authority or statutory body pursuant to a request for information or any legal obligation which applies to us
- Parties who process personal data on our behalf which may include; IT support, Storage service providers including cloud and billing companies
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors, educational consultants and external legal and financial advisors
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice
No other third-party providers have access to your data, unless specifically required by law.
6) How long we keep it
Under Maltese law, we are required to keep your documents according to the Data Retention Policy. After this period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed. Any personal data held by us for marketing, service update notifications and requests for services or products required by iGaming Academy, will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of 10 years due to fiscal laws that impinge on iGaming Academy. In cases of legal issues, these are retained until the relevant court case is resolved.
Where you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 12 months from when you last interacted with us. In the case of any contact you may have with our team, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for 2 weeks after the query is closed.
Where you are a service/product provider we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of 10 years due to fiscal laws that impinge on iGaming Academy. In cases of legal issues, these are retained until the relevant court case is resolved.
Where you are a prospective service provider and you have expressly consented to us contacting you we will retain your data (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or for 24 months from when you last interacted with us. In the case of any contact you may have with our team, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve the query and for 2 weeks after the query is closed.
7) What are your rights?
Should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted (where the continued use of that data cannot be justified), please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legitimate interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact our DPO, in writing, at email@example.com or at St George’s Business Complex,
Ground Floor, Elija Zammit Street, St.Julians, STJ 3151, Malta. Our DPO will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Information & Data Protection Office (IDPC) at firstname.lastname@example.org located in Sliema and file a complaint with them.
8) What are cookies and how do we use them?
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from iGaming Academy and our third-party advertisers, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies, we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
iGaming Academy Privacy Notice Version 1.0 – 20.05.2018