In advance of our US Sportsbook Masterclass, held in Malta on 15, 16 & 17 May 2019, trainer Ross Phillips shares his thoughts on the primary opportunities and key considerations concerning the US market.
What are the primary opportunities in US Sportsbook?
The biggest opportunities come in the form of partnerships between established bricks and mortar casinos and market-leading digital mobile platform providers. In states such as New Jersey/Nevada, the explosive growth of the Sportsbook market has led many to seek a slice of this pie.
What are the key factors prospective businesses need to consider?
Prospective business need to have a customer-centric focus underpinned by the following key criteria:
- Smooth and efficient customer user journey. We live in a world where customers are used to services being provided by the click of a button or the swipe of a screen. Sportsbooks are providing an added layer of excitement and anticipation to sporting events, so it’s important that the customers’ user journey on your Sportsbook – from depositing through to placing a bet – is the best and most intuitive experience it can be.
- A mobile-led Sportsbook incorporating omni channel. Cell phones are the most important personal item in everyday life now. While US Sportsbooks have a strong heritage in bricks and mortar, a successful Sportsbook must have a mobile-led, omni channel strategy providing a seamless user journey between casino and online, underpinned by a single wallet and offering a unified product offering.
- Innovative product offering. More and more sportsbetting will be focused on live betting; placing bets on events during the exciting ebbs and flows of a game. It will be vital to provide customers with the most comprehensive live event coverage, underpinned by innovative and engaging products such as ‘what will happen in the next few minutes’ and features such as ‘build your own bet’.
- Swift and efficient payment processing. Customers wish to get their payments instantly, be it depositing cash to place a bet or cashing out their winnings. Having the most efficient payment methods is key and in a mobile-led world having the Apple/Android and Google Pay options is vital.
- And finally, under the hood a process-driven operational model underpinned by automated practices are now essential to deliver a market-leading Sportsbook.
US SPORTSBOOK MASTERCLASS
15,16 & 17 May 2019 | Malta | Examining the US sports betting market post-PASPA: a high level overview covering the US regulatory landscape, key product strategies and operational structures that underpin success | Book NowUS Sportsbook Masterclass
Ross has over 15 years in the Betting and Gaming Industry. He worked at Paddy Power Betfair holding senior positions across B2B and Risk & Trading successfully delivering Sportsbook product and services across multiple jurisdictions. Achieved through in-depth Risk & Trading managements, Operations & Product management skills and International Account Management. Responsible for transfer business of needs to technical experts underpinned by business insights & analytics and project management skills with focus on automation, AI and efficient business processes.