WHY TAKE THIS COURSE
Explore sports betting strategies, operational factors and business models, as well as practical industry guidance
Session 1: The Sportsbetting Ecosystem
This first module will give you the historical context of how and why sportsbetting has become a multi-billion dollar global industry, who the major players are, and what choices operators and suppliers can make. We’ll also look at the levels of betting around the world and what the future might hold.
- Evolution of the industry – winners, losers, successes and failures
- How is the industry structured?
- Who does what?
- Which operating models are used?
- Major jurisdictions, territories and regulators
- Current issues and trends
Session 2: Introduction to sportsbetting marketing, the sportsbetting product and virtual sports
This module will give you an understanding of how operators market to customers, as well as how to create effective campaigns and limit bonus abuse. It will also show you how products have evolved within sportsbetting and some ‘do’s and don’ts’ for developing and launching new products and services.
- Product categories & regional differences
- Virtual sports – what is it, how does it work and who offers what
- Evolution of the product suite
- How to acquire, retain and reactivate customers
- Marketing campaigns
Session 3: Sports betting Trading 101
The final module in the series will give you an introduction into all things trading, including how odds are calculated and managed, as well as how smart operators manage their books and which tools they use.
- How odds are created
- How risk is managed
- How customers are managed
- 3rd party options
- Best practices